Creating an IMAP Email Account in Mozilla Thunderbird
- First step, Open your Mozilla Thunderbird.
- Then, Go to Tools and Account Settings.
- After that, Click “Create a new account”.
- And, Choose “Skip this an use my existing email”.
- Enter Your Name, complete Email Address and password and click “Continue”.
- After that, At Mail account setup configure screen, choose Manual config .
- And, Select the type of incoming server : IMAP.
Enter the name of your incoming and outgoing mail server: mail. (enter your domain name) with Port number 143.
- Fill the Username with full email such as [email protected]
- After that, Click on “Re-test” the configuration and Click “Done”.
- Go to your main menu of Thunderbird and go to Outgoing Server and verify your Outgoing SMTP server.
- Check the box “Use name and password” and assign the user name to your email account and select “No” to use a secure connection.
- By clicking on the “Get Mail” button at the top left, you will continue using Thunderbird.