How To Install Package with YUM
Applies to :
- Linux Dedicated server or VPS
To perform this task, you need to have :
- Knowledge in accessing the server via SSH
- IP address or server hostname
- Your server SSH username and password
YUM is a a package management application for CentOS operating server. A package is usually a software application, but the term can also encompass other items such as documentation, source code, and extra levels for games .
There are many options on YUM, here are few examples of it :
1. Install new package.
2. List all installed packages with YUM.
3. Check whether httpd package installed on the server.
4. Check for updates of a package.
5. Check whether there is an updated for httpd.